Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vanity Desk REVAMPED

This is a project from long ago but I recently discovered the pictures I took before I revamped the furniture and got inspired to write a blog post about it!

I was in the midst of redoing my room when I created this vanity for myself. The table was one we had for years, it used to be a sewing table, then it was a craft table for my sister and I when we were little. When we stopped using it for crafts it just sat in the laundry room all paint-covered and I rediscovered it!
My ex boyfriend sanded it for me and I washed it down and then painted it a nice white. Here's the before and after of the table.

before


after

I found the stool for my vanity at a flea market in Brantford, ON for 5 dollars! Awesome deal :D It was kinda retro cool but the texture of the fabric was soo irritating it definitely needed to be changed. I found some excess blue velvet fabric in my house (only enough to cover the stool!) and I used that to recover it. I love the fabric so much I wish I had more. Here's the before and after of the stool.

before

after

Unfortunately I didn't take a before picture of my mirror but it cost me 5 to 10 dollars ( I can't remember! ) at the other flea market in Brantford.. What's with all the awesome deals?! :P The mirror was black and gold and I painted it with the same white as the rest of the furniture. And here's my last picture.. a full out picture of all the pieces together!



I had a ton of fun working on this project! I'd love to hear what you think of it. :)
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment