Monday, October 31, 2011

Doyle Family Logo

I haven't posted in forever, hello world!
While I've been gone (from the online world), I've had two different full-time graphics jobs.. my current job being brand new! As well as doing some courses online for starting my own business, so I've had a busy time of it :)
I have been working on a few freelance things, but it's all going along very slowly.
What I'm working on now is a logo for my family reunion. My family is HUGE, each year we have a reunion with about 200 people.. this has been going on for 50 years!
This year, being our 50th anniversary, we're having a celebration with some souvenirs (mugs and other little items). So of course we needed a logo for it and I volunteered to do it.
The family weren't sure what kind of thing they were looking for yet, so I had to put together a few ideas before I started on the final. These are some of the "pre-designs" I came up with.
The family decided on using the crest, along with the family name, and a year (specifically for the 50th - this would be taken out later).

I had to contact some relatives in Ireland to find out what our ACTUAL family crest is, since there are a ton of different ones floating around on the internet. He got back to me with the proper one being this:
Of course, being straight off the internet, once this file was on my computer it was a tiny size and also extremely low resolution, entirely pixelated. So I had to recreate it!
I did this entirely in Illustrator - with a whole lot of layers I might add. Here is the final product:
Took me quite a long time, but it was worth it in my opinion! I might even get to do another project for the family, such as a cookbook.. but I will keep you posted.

On another note, my graphics have been published in a book (collaboration with my sister Jessica Peter and I)! It's an travel, info graphic book put out by Lonely Planet called "How to Land a Jumbo Jet", and it comes out tomorrow! 

Check it out if you can :).. I'm on page 80!

-Heather


1 comment:

  1. Thanks your site is very informative for us.

    WLCI College - WLCI Advertising & Graphic Design School is one of the premier design institutes in the country. Our prime objective is to prepare professionals who are armed to succeed in the workplace.

    To know more about Graphic Designing Courses please visit –
    Graphic designing | Graphic designing college | graphic design institute

    ReplyDelete