Monday, October 31, 2011

Doyle Family Logo

I haven't posted in forever, hello world!
While I've been gone (from the online world), I've had two different full-time graphics jobs.. my current job being brand new! As well as doing some courses online for starting my own business, so I've had a busy time of it :)
I have been working on a few freelance things, but it's all going along very slowly.
What I'm working on now is a logo for my family reunion. My family is HUGE, each year we have a reunion with about 200 people.. this has been going on for 50 years!
This year, being our 50th anniversary, we're having a celebration with some souvenirs (mugs and other little items). So of course we needed a logo for it and I volunteered to do it.
The family weren't sure what kind of thing they were looking for yet, so I had to put together a few ideas before I started on the final. These are some of the "pre-designs" I came up with.
The family decided on using the crest, along with the family name, and a year (specifically for the 50th - this would be taken out later).

I had to contact some relatives in Ireland to find out what our ACTUAL family crest is, since there are a ton of different ones floating around on the internet. He got back to me with the proper one being this:
Of course, being straight off the internet, once this file was on my computer it was a tiny size and also extremely low resolution, entirely pixelated. So I had to recreate it!
I did this entirely in Illustrator - with a whole lot of layers I might add. Here is the final product:
Took me quite a long time, but it was worth it in my opinion! I might even get to do another project for the family, such as a cookbook.. but I will keep you posted.

On another note, my graphics have been published in a book (collaboration with my sister Jessica Peter and I)! It's an travel, info graphic book put out by Lonely Planet called "How to Land a Jumbo Jet", and it comes out tomorrow! 

Check it out if you can :).. I'm on page 80!

-Heather


1 comment:

  1. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!.. Graphic Design

    ReplyDelete