Monday, February 21, 2011

3D Books

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a long time, and I promise I've been workin' on new stuff.. :P I've just been really busy. Haven't had time to show everyone my new stuff.

Lately, I've been doing some work for Chris Luckhardt of Motionblur Studios. Chris is a Drupal website designer and is getting me to design some graphic art for the websites he creates.
We've worked on two projects together so far and I'm going to share one of them with you!

The one project Chris asked me to do was a vector version of a book icon cover. This was for a website for Dan Falk (journalist and published writer).
Chris wanted the books to look quite real. This is what I created for him at first.

Chris and I talked over this illustration and decided that the perspective was a bit off for what Chris was hoping to achieve. I changed around the perspective a little and added the covers, a bit of a drop shadow and shading and here's what I came up with.
Here's the first book I created in white.

And the second in black.

This was actually a pretty fun project. I'm sure Chris and I will be working together on some more projects in the future, which I will definitely post here! Check for new updates :)

-Heather 

2 comments:

  1. Well I like both covers for different reasons, the first is easy to read, maybe theory on a hat :) it's closer to the brain and third eye and ...
    The second I love the old watch working against the black, and it reminds of steampunk, which I love!

    Great job on both, look forward to more.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Victoria!
    I didn't actually design the book covers though, just the book template! The covers were just from his published works.

    ReplyDelete