Monday, January 10, 2011

Recipe Template Page 2

Hi again!

As I mentioned before, for Christmas, my boyfriend Dan and I made a recipe binder for his mom! I unfortunately didn't get a picture of it yet but I do have the recipe template page that I created for it so I thought I would show that to you for now.
The idea was for Dan to draw up some artwork for the templates and then me to put that in and create the page layout.

This is what we came up with.
Dan drew up the flower in black ink and then we scanned it in and played with the whole thing in Photoshop. A while ago I had made the watercolour background for fun so I place that in, added some shading and highlights and it was ready to go. We went for a brown and blue theme, and the binder had some lace inside it so I also added that to the template. 

And that's all I've got for today! You can check out more of Dan Auld's work HERE.
Comments welcome!

-Heather

2 comments: